Saturday, February 27, 2010

Another foot out the door

Alrighty, while I was playing MahJongg this week we were chatting and so on & one of my MJ friends told me that her daughter had gone to my etsy store, SpelledWith aW.com. And then she said, "now you are...???wiccan...??? Yet, again I  almost fainted & of course, instead of leaping up, grabbing the broom by the bristles & shreiking, "Yes! Yes! Alright, yes! I AM a witch!" I stuttered & stammered, turned red & finally said, "I don't know quite what I am, yet." Now, what is wrong with me? Why didn't I seize the moment. There isn't anything wrong with my religious beliefs. I am such a weenie. My little boat is so tiny & fragile & I am so afraid to rock it, lest it founder & sink...glug...glug.......glug

7 comments:

Lynelle said...

Not so, dear Luna! Sometimes we aren't in a good spiritual place to 'rock the boat.' When you are ready, the boat will still be there:)

Wendy said...

Oh Luna Petunia, be kind to yourself for what you seem to be judging about yourself from that woman who came on the offensive with you. It would be so much easier if society not only acknowledged but honored others of a different path. Just be proud of what you've already done and stood for and let your broom do the talking next time anyone asks is if you're a w w w witch!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's always hard when we get caught off guard!

Mother Moon said...

dont be so hard on yourself Luna.... there will be plenty of time for you to stand and speak for what you beleive in, when the time is right. Show by example and don't feel you have to explain yourself to anyone and everyone who asks.

JJ said...

I think it's most important to be comfortable with who we are, and that includes the bits we don't like, or which are inconvenient, damaging, or whatever. The conscious act of knowing and accepting our limitations is the starting point for the process of dropping them - patiently.

Tea Tester said...

In these situations I've often found that the person asking or questioning, no matter how young, already knows what they need to know. It's the clumsy spoken communication that messes things up for us!

Bridgett said...

It's normal. You'll reach that place where you can say it proudly and with confidence. Just give yourself time. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails