Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (Sparrow)

My fav fiction book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

The reason that I love this book so much is because it really changed my outlook on life and my gifts.  It taught me that I do not have to be a slave to what everyone else wants or needs.  I need to take care of myself first and then the people that I care about the most.  I actually worked this theme into my written statement of Honor, Ethics and Values (which was part of my degree studies with FWTI).

"Books can be dangerous.  The best ones should be labeled 'This could change your life.'" ~ Helen Exley

Though it is not an easy read, this book truly can change your life!

Published in 1957, Atlas Shrugged was Ayn Rand's greatest achievement and last work of fiction. In this novel she dramatizes her unique philosophy through an intellectual mystery story that integrates ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, politics, economics, and sex

Set in a near-future U.S.A. whose economy is collapsing as a result of the mysterious disappearance of leading innovators and industrialists, this novel presents an astounding panorama of human life-from the productive genius who becomes a worthless playboy...to the great steel industrialist who does not know that he is working for his own destruction...to the philosopher who becomes a pirate...to the woman who runs a transcontinental railroad...to the lowest track worker in her train tunnels.

Peopled by larger-than-life heroes and villains, charged with towering questions of good and evil, Atlas Shrugged is a philosophical revolution told in the form of an action thriller.

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Who is John Galt?

Cheers e-witches :-) If you're curious, check out a recent post I did on AR and the Tea Party movement www.opinion-forum.com

Mother Moon said...

I have been intimidated by the size of this book yet like you Vincent swears it to be a must read for me.....

steven said...

it will change your life

Selma Espinosa said...

My name is Selma Espinosa I'm a 46 years old mother with 3 adorable kids and I have been married for 17 years now. After the birth of our last daughter 2 years ago, I noticed something about my husband that was completely different. He comes home late every night, sleeps on the couch never in the bedroom with me and doesn't give attention to me or the kids. I remember the night he came home drunk and told me he was no longer attracted to me after I had kids.
I cried myself to sleep that night, I could not believe that the man I have loved all my life will someday stopped loving me. Just few days to our wedding anniversary, he stopped coming home and would not take my calls. I had to talk to a friend and she suggested I contact a spell caster who could help me bring back his love and attention. It was the first time I heard such stuff existed, I give it a try with high expectations. After my contact with the Priest spellcaster, he helped me cast a spell that made my husband return home to me and our kids. I know a lot of people need this to help them stay happy in their marriages. You can contact Priest Obongibok let him help you; write him on email OBONGIBOK@PRIEST.COM or WhatsApp +13612367973

Replacement Windows Tustin said...

Loveely post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails