Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Hanged One

This being human is a guest house.
Every moring is a new arrival.


A joy, a depressoin, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.


Welcome them and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrow,
who violently sweep your house
empty of it's furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably,
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.


The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.


Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
~Rumi~

It's hard to feel magickal, much less wanting to blog when I'm feeling disappointed, angry or hurt. I'm one of those people who, yes is attached to the very things that the Buddha warned us against, wordly goods, people, circumstances, etc...I'm not sure how to break that way of being either, other than to be conscious of it. I've also learned from some different Buddhist paths, that we need to be present with whatever we're feeling and experiencing for true "enlightenment." I'm involved with a project that I was really excited about when it first started and now it's falling apart. And I'm only doing what I can to maintain my own integrity and responsibility.

So, how do you feel magickal the once beautiful rose you saw first bloom is now sadly wilting, losing all its petals one by one?

I'm not just asking this as a rhetorical question, but I really want to know how each of you, push past this gloom and still emotionally acknowledge that much like the hanged man in the tarot cards, sometimes, the best we can do is surrender to the forces that be. I hate that thought, it sounds like a parent saying either, "Well, this is going to hurt me more than it will hurt you" or "It may not seem like it, but it's for your own good." I mean isn't that why we believe and practice magick? To give life a little nudge so that we can somehow request from our Gods, what we want and ask for their blessings?

I wrestle with the non-attachment to an outcome and letting go og the situation that is frustrating me so much right now.

I'll end this post, with some of my favorite quotes by Carl G. Jung who I've blogged about many times before. His wisdom and insight keeps me a bit more grounded and sane when life just sucks sometimes. I'm writing his quotes here, partly to remind  myself I'm not alone in this struggle and also maybe some of you might benefit from them too as you wrestle with your own demons and angels. And if any of you would like to tell me about how you balance believing in the magic of life when you're facing a less than desirable situation, I'd love to hear it.

"Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity."


"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

"The greatest and most important problems of life are all fundamentally insoluble. They can never be solved but only outgrown.


"There is no coming to consciousness without pain."

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." ~Carl G. Jung~






 

1 comments:

Selma Espinosa said...

My name is Selma Espinosa I'm a 46 years old mother with 3 adorable kids and I have been married for 17 years now. After the birth of our last daughter 2 years ago, I noticed something about my husband that was completely different. He comes home late every night, sleeps on the couch never in the bedroom with me and doesn't give attention to me or the kids. I remember the night he came home drunk and told me he was no longer attracted to me after I had kids.
I cried myself to sleep that night, I could not believe that the man I have loved all my life will someday stopped loving me. Just few days to our wedding anniversary, he stopped coming home and would not take my calls. I had to talk to a friend and she suggested I contact a spell caster who could help me bring back his love and attention. It was the first time I heard such stuff existed, I give it a try with high expectations. After my contact with the Priest spellcaster, he helped me cast a spell that made my husband return home to me and our kids. I know a lot of people need this to help them stay happy in their marriages. You can contact Priest Obongibok let him help you; write him on email OBONGIBOK@PRIEST.COM or WhatsApp +13612367973.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails