Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Pie and Parlor Games


One of the many fun activities of times of old was the hiding of charms in foods as a means of divination. With Samhain being upon us who hasn’t thought of the wonderful aroma and tastes of a pumpkin pie. The following is an old parlor game often played during Samhain.

Choose your favorite recipe for pumpkin pie and prepare. After the pie is cooked but before you add the whip cream cut the pie into eight slices. Into two of the slices hide a ring. Into two other slices hide a coin. Into two other slices hide a marble. Leave two of the slices with nothing in them.

Before you invite your guests to partake of this parlor fun, be sure and advise them of the possibility of the objects in the pie they are about to eat as to prevent any choking mishaps. Serve the pie to each one and advise the recipients of the possibility of the items enclosed.

If one finds a ring, marital bliss is theirs. If they discover a coin, wealth is said to be in their near future. If they find a marble; the coming year will be cold and lonely for them. If they get no treat in their pie, their future is sure to be filled with uncertainty and many concerns.

For a little more Halloween fun visit my personal blog Mother Moon and check out my Samhain Giveaway. 






5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Reminds me of birthday cakes when I was a kid -- there'd always be a few tin-foil covered coins stuck in the cake somewhere. Do Moms still do that today? Or has that gone the way of the dodo bird, as with so much else?

Wendy said...

What fun ideas! I love the combination of divination and food. Thank you Mother Moon.

Mother Moon said...

I still make fairy cakes for the grandkids and put little trinkets in them. They love finding the surprises and then asking me what they mean....

teach the young so that the traditions will stay alive...

Marfi-topia said...

this sounds great.I read somewhere that this was popular for Yule also.. Thank you for stopping by and having tea...

Selma Espinosa said...

My name is Selma Espinosa I'm a 46 years old mother with 3 adorable kids and I have been married for 17 years now. After the birth of our last daughter 2 years ago, I noticed something about my husband that was completely different. He comes home late every night, sleeps on the couch never in the bedroom with me and doesn't give attention to me or the kids. I remember the night he came home drunk and told me he was no longer attracted to me after I had kids.
I cried myself to sleep that night, I could not believe that the man I have loved all my life will someday stopped loving me. Just few days to our wedding anniversary, he stopped coming home and would not take my calls. I had to talk to a friend and she suggested I contact a spell caster who could help me bring back his love and attention. It was the first time I heard such stuff existed, I give it a try with high expectations. After my contact with the Priest spellcaster, he helped me cast a spell that made my husband return home to me and our kids. I know a lot of people need this to help them stay happy in their marriages. You can contact Priest Obongibok let him help you; write him on email OBONGIBOK@PRIEST.COM or WhatsApp +13612367973.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails