Sunday, October 31, 2010

Samhain Night ~Loreena McKennitt~

 For those of you who don't know Loreena McKennitt's work, she happens to have one of the most beautiful and soulful voices I've ever heard. Every time I hear one of her songs, I'm put into a trance. Below are the song lyrics from one of my favorite songs by her called, "Samain Night."



When the moon upon a cloud cast night
hung above the tree tops' height



You sang me of some distant past 
that made my heart beat strong and past
Now I know I'm home at last.




You offered me an eagles wing
that to the sun I might soar and sing



And if I heard the owl's cry
into the forest I would fly
And in its darkness find you by


And so our love's not a simple thing
Nor our truths unwavering



But like the Moon's pull on the tide
Our fingers touch, our hearts collide
I'll be a moons breath by your side





Below is the video of this song by Mckennitt so that you can enjoy hear this gorgeous and haunting song. May each of you have a Samain full of moonlight, mystery and magick.


















4 comments:

JJ Beazley said...

It's a few years since I heard that track, Wendy. I remember it was my favourite song from that album, which I seem to recall was a little less mystical and rooted in folk tradition than some of her others. I very much enjoyed hearing it again. Thanks.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love her music too!

Sparrow said...

I've never heard this one, but like some of her other songs. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

I love her traditional songs too, Jeff! She still weaves in the magic and mystery without being so esoteric. Glad you enjoyed hearing it again :)

I knew you would like her Debra, being a fellow Canuck and all, eh?

I think you'd like all her music, Sparrow and you're most welcome :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails