Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Gift of Ordinary Magic

QGJEHQQGMW4F
"You do not even have to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen.
Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait, be still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you
to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet."
~Franz Kafka~

birdsEyeViewG-vi



The minute we think we know what magic is, that's when the true magic slips through our hands like mercury. Let us drift for just a bit into a soft stillness as we listen to the faint stirrings of wings and watch as other magical beings shyly join us. The magic I would like to talk about is very different from the magic of our childhood fairy tales; where princess' ran away from dark dangers, while princes' bravely battled evil trolls and dragons, and fairy folk who promised us "happily ever afters." Not that I'm negating that innocent dream of life; I just know that we're at an age where magic beats a subtler, stranger and more beautiful rhythm than we could ever have imagined as children.
blank-vi
It's hard to let go of those magical fantasies I had when I was young, only to transform into a more practical and solid model of magic. I believe in faeries, but I'll save that topic for a future post. I realize now  that the faery godmother I always wanted to for my own, now lives within me and I've outgrown the princess who waited to be rescued and whisked away to a beautiful castle in the sky with my true beloved prince. So what do we as adults need to compromise on, in order to keep the faith and let go of disappointments? It takes strength to still believe there's magic in the day to day life. We all have within us a unique and sacred gift that needs to be shared with others. Some of us are healers full of grace and light, some of us are parents, devoted guardian angels of our children, and there are those who are warriors who keep fighting the righteous fight. Most of us though, live quietly and modestly while we struggle with small movements to part  keep magic strong and alive.
The Hermit

My sisters of "eWitch" have shared with all of you, magical teachings that have came from their hearts. Our wish is that you may discover or remember your own wisdom and mystery. I know many of you have wonderful gifts and teachings that you could bless us with in return. I really hope we get that chance to become closer. The type of magic that is most needed now, is one that is practical and can survive day to day, so that we may all live an extraordinary life. Where is the magic in your life?



fairymothertagblank-vi

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Ohhh...I was still kind of hoping for Prince Charming...but I suppose it is good to know that I can create magic on my own! :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's always been one of my favourite Kafka quotations.

Wendy said...

Rochelle, I think you have found the king to be much more satisfying than any prince. And it would figure Debra that you too love this quote. I guess great minds think alike, eh? ; )

Bridgett said...

Agreed...beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails