Lavenders green, Diddle, diddle,
- Lavenders blueYou must love me, diddle, diddle,
- cause I love you,I heard one say, diddle, diddle,
- since I came hither,That your and I, diddle, diddle,
- must lie together.
On top of that along with the aroma's of pumpkin and vanilla, the smell of Lavender is a powerful aphrodisiac for men. So, all of you women who are seeking to be Aphrodite, get thee some lavender. "Lave" means to "wash" or "lave" in French which is where the flower originated from.
Why am I writing about Lavender? Well, because 1) It's one of my favorite flowers and 2) Over on the wonderful "Domestic Witch" blog, she's having a "Lavender Give a way" which is a basket full of delicious Lavender goodies. Check out what you can win;
The winner of the Lavender Dreams giveaway will enjoy a homemade lavender smudge, amethyst, lavender & sea salt bath blend and lavender & chamomile bath blend, lavender incense, lavender drawer sachet, and a charming purple and white organizational datebook. The smudge and bath blends are homemade just for you, made with herbs from my herb garden.
How nice is that? So, if you're a Lavender lover like I am, go check out the give away. Here's a recipe for "Lavender Lemonade" I found on the web, which I plan to make today!
- 1 tray ice cubes
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 8 lemons
- 5 cups cold water, or as needed
- Place ice cubes into a 2 quart pitcher. Place the lavender into a bowl, and pour boiling water over it. Allow to steep for about 10 minutes, then strain out the lavender and discard. Mix the sugar into the hot lavender water, then pour into the pitcher with the ice.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons into the pitcher, getting as much juice as you can. Top off the pitcher with cold water, and stir. Taste, and adjust lemon juice or sugar if desired. Pour into tall glasses, pull up a lawn chair and a good book, and relax!
So, if you're a fellow Lavender Goddess or God; hurry on over to Domestic Witch's blog to enter the giveaway.